Manet Community Health Center, Inc. (Manet) is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing preventive, primary and non-emergent urgent care to all, regardless of financial circumstance or health insurance coverage status. Manet has been serving the community since 1979 and has three locations in Quincy, one in Hull and one in Taunton. Manet Community Health Center has a primary hospital affiliation with Boston Medical Center.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, all Manet practice sites are also recognized as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NQCA) (2014 Standards) and PCMH Prime certified, recognizing Manet’s achievement in integrating behavioral health.
Manet’s service area is comprised of two parts: eleven towns from which Manet currently draws most of its patients – Quincy, Braintree, Cohasset, Hanover, Hingham, Hull, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Scituate, Weymouth; and five towns forming the New Access Point service area—Attleboro, Middleborough, Norton, Raynham, and Taunton. In 2017, Manet served 16,742 in approximately 60,248 unduplicated annual visits.
Manet provides services that are reflective of the languages and cultures of the communities it serves and offers a full array of services and programs for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and seniors. Our sites are open six days per week, including evenings and our services include:
- Family Medicine
- Pediatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease Medicine
- Prenatal and Gynecological care
- Interpretation Services
- Newborn and Well Child Care
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Chronic Disease Management
- Medical Nutrition Counseling and Diabetes Self-Management
- Health Benefits Counseling, Patient Navigation, and Food Stamp Assistance
- 24 hour On-call Coverage for registered patients
- HIV, Hep C and STI Screening, and Risk Reduction Counseling
- Narcan/Naloxone, Opioid Overdose and Reversal Program (training and distribution)
- Medication Assisted Treatment for Substance Use Disorders (Buprenorphine/Vivitrol)
- Behavioral Health Services
- Community Outreach and Health Education
- Tobacco Cessation Counseling
- Wellness Programs
- Needle Disposal Kiosk (North Quincy)
- Laboratory Services
- On-Site Pharmacy, Eaton Apothecary, North Quincy location & 340B via Walgreens
- Manet Vision Center, North Quincy
Statement of Nonpartisanship
Manet may take positions on or advocate with regard to public policy issues pertinent to its mission, consistent with the requirements of applicable Federal and state law. However, the health center conducts all of its activities in an entirely nonpartisan manner. Manet may acknowledge the elected officials who support us, but we do not endorse, support, or oppose candidates for public office, nor do we intervene in any election on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate or political party.
A Message to Patients and Staff from our CEO
At Manet, we proudly serve and openly welcome patients that may have been raised here or have come to the United States from other countries around the world. As well, we are honored to employ the finest staff that have grown up locally and have come to us internationally.
Manet, among the ranks of federally qualified health centers for close to 40 years, exists to provide unfettered access to primary care and supportive services for any individual or family that needs our care.
For our patients, our immigrant community and our staff it may be a concerning, destabilizing and worrisome time with the recent events. We will work together as a team to identify and disseminate additional resources for our patients and as needed additional training for staff. To this end, please reach out to your leaders as you need to—they are in service to you and each other. Further, thank you to our managers and leaders for their sensitivity and attention to these concerns.
In closing, Manet embodies the mission of our founders and the tenets of the National Health Center program continue to ground us.
And, as our inspiration, our core values remain and serve as our guide:
- We believe that everyone should have access to high quality, comprehensive health care and supportive social services that are delivered in a timely manner, with compassion and understanding regardless of ability to pay.
- We will assist our patients and their families in achieving their optimal level of health and wellness.
- We believe we play an important role in reducing health disparities and insuring parity and equality in health care.
Thank you for all you do to ensure the vitality and meaning of the Manet Mission,
Cynthia H. Sierra, Chief Executive Officer
Manet Community Health Center